At Ken Harris & Associates, P.A. we pride ourselves in providing dedicated, personalized legal representation to clients in personal injury auto accident cases. Attorney Ken Harris has been practicing law in Charlotte for over 25 years. We have built our Firm on representing the rights of injured victims. Our attorneys and well-trained staff are very hands-on and are available to answer client questions about your personal injury case.
“What To Do If You Are Involved In An Automobile Accident”?
- Call for Help – Call 911 so police and emergency responders can provide you assistance.
- Police will be able to make a report which will be valuable for your insurance claim.
- Find Witnesses – If there is anyone that witnessed the car accident, get their contact information.
- Seek Medical Care – See a doctor immediately after your accident to determine the extent of your injuries. A lawyer cannot prove an injury without documentation from a medical doctor.
- Contact a Personal Injury Attorney – An experienced car accident attorney will be valuable in assisting you when filing an automobile accident claim.
Accident victims are sometimes tempted to hold off on contacting a lawyer so that they can try talking things out with an insurance adjuster first. This is a huge mistake. Insurance companies are not on your side. They do not represent your best interests. The adjuster may sound very friendly, but his or her job is to pay you as little as possible. Be very careful about what you say to an adjuster, and never accept a personal injury settlement offer without consulting a lawyer first.